This post is outlining the functioning of the Event Group, which is responsible for coordinating and filling the event schedule at think.dk. Please drop us a comment if any questions come up on the way!
Event Group Responsibilities
Show up at the monthly meeting, which takes place every third Monday of the month from 18:00 to 20:00
Take minutes during the meeting to keep track of everything discussed.
1.Hear and evaluate new requests from those attending the meeting and any requests delivered by mail (from those who can’t attend)
- Open the 'Event Proposal Form's' for each new request to make sure all the requirements are fulfilled. (provided by the Event Group Coordinators)
- Does the event fit into one of the categories? (Tech, Education, Health, Creativity, Environment, Community)
- Open the Google sheets document 'Event proposals for Fall'19' for an overview of the events that are scheduled and fill in new event proposal info (provided by the Event Group Coordinators)
2. Decide which events go on the calendar (based on ‘first come first serve’ with consideration to the categories and the ‘Event Evaluation and Scheduling Guideline')
Put the date and time of approved events into the 'events space' Google calendar. (provided be the Event Group Coordinators)
3. Introducing the think.dk space, guidelines and paperwork to new hosts:
- Event hosting guideline
- ‘How to use the rooms’ document
- Have new event hosts sign and hand in the 'Hosting Agreement (Fall 2019') or 'Hosting Agreement (Spring 2020)' before having any events (located on the bottom shelf of the info table)
- Let new event hosts know they need to fill out the ‘The Feedback and Income Form’ after each event, and make sure they are aware of the 50% income rule.
- Let them know the guideline on how to put the event on the think.dk website is online.
- Event posters, flyers and social media pics/posters need to have the think.dk badge/watermark
- Inform them that they need a Facebook event and to add think.dk as a co-host, or if they only have a private account, then contact Rosa who will make it once it on the think.dk website.
- Give them the code to the keybox and inform them that one key is for entering the building and that the second key is for the storage room, where extra toilet paper and chairs are located.
4. Find out who will be the Event Group Coordinators over the next agreed on period of time. This is done voluntarily, but in the case that no one volunteers, the group has decided that names would then be picked.
5. Share the minutes on the the #events Slack channel.
To see the specific guidelines for the Event Group Coordinators click here