Set-up the space
- Arrive in good time before the event starts, we suggest 30-45 minutes before
- If this is your first event of the season, then make sure you have signed the the 'Hosting Agreement' fill out the space for: Host, CPR, Phone, Type of Event, the date after ‘Copenhagen’, and then all the signatures. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand in personally to the think.dk office.
- Light the candles along the stairs & write the event title & start time on the chalk sign (in a nice way ;)
- Check the bathroom has a hand towel and has toilet paper
- Make sure the shoes are put away neatly
- Fill the water bottles up with water, grab several stacks of cups and place on the community table
- Fill hot water dispenser and set up tea area on table as well – the water cooker is a bit slow so do this in good time! Put the ‘pay as you feel for tea’-donation-jar next to it.
- Turn on the lights - you may also put on the fairy lights along the window
- If you’re setting up chairs, don’t put up all of them - only as many as you definitely know are attending, and then keep a stack in the back
- If the projector is needed, set it up either on the windowsill or on one of the smaller movable tables. Check alignment & connection with laptop in good time before event start and adjust if needed
- If the dishwasher is full & clean, please unload it, if it’s (almost) full and dirty start a cycle so you can have an empty one by the end of the event (Please don't use the eco program - as the dishes never get clean, instead use the normal cycle) the dishwasher tabs are above the sink in a glass jar ;)
- Consider putting on background music so it’s not dead quiet when people arrive
- - You can connect your device to the jack near the windowsill.
- - Make sure the cable is connected to subwoofer (silver box next to wooden shelf)
- - Check if subwoofer is switched on and the volume on subwoofer is turned on – if not use grey remote (lying on the vinyl player) to turn on & up
- - If subwoofer is turned on and you still do not hear sound, switch input channel (press ‘input’ on remote)
If there something you're wondering about that hasn't been answered here? Then please check out our 'How to use the rooms of our Center' post
Welcome the participants
Prepare the check-in counter:
- Newsletter sign up list & pen
- If there is an entrance fee make sure to keep the attendance and how many members and non members are participating, as you need to fill out the the 'Event Income Form' and slip it under the think.dk door before leaving.
- Welcome your guests of course ;)
- Before the start of the event – check how people are distributed, and if the first row is empty (which many times it is ;) encourage people to move to the front (e.g. by saying the host shouldn’t feel all so alone up there)! Also, if much less people showed up than expected eventually adapt setup so it’s not awkward.
Introduce think.dk, camera action & yourself
- We would love if you could tell a little about think.dk, as we are of course trying to grow this lovely community of ours :) If you are in doubt of what to say, you could say something along the lines of "think.dk is a space to empower people to live and act more sustainably and/or a space to create positive change through co-creation, collaboration and providing room for people to experiment with and share ideas, think.dk believes that through unfolding human potential we can be(come) the solution(s) this world needs."
- Please also remember to mention the newsletter sign-up list.
- And that we can only exist if people support us through signing up as members (and that it is not expensive ;)
- Then, introduce yourself of course ;) and anyone else you may have with you helping out with the event.
- If you would like to take photos, then make sure to make people aware that you will be taking a few photos during the event (and that they should inform you if they don’t want their face shown and that they can always approach you if they have questions.)
- *If there are people who not like to be in photos then try to avoid taking shots with that person/people in it - but when they come up to you afterwards, actually take a photo of them - so that you can remember who they are to blur their face if needed.
During the Event
- Pay attention to any late-arrivals.
- If you have time, check them in/collect payment as quickly and quietly as possible to not disturb the event. Otherwise you can wait until there is a break, or the end of the event.
Don’t feel bad about this - after-all they are late.
- If you like, take some nice photos! But don’t be intrusive ;)
- Be aware if the air gets sticky and if so, open some windows for a few minutes – people get tired if the air is used, so this also helps keeping them engaged!
- Be mindful of if there is a break, to make sure the water, snacks, or whatever is good to go. ;)
Clean-up the space
- Gather all the cups/plates/cutlery used. If you started a wash earlier and it’s done, please put those away and fill it up with the dirty ones. Start a new load before leaving if the dishwasher is pretty full - if it isn’t, just leave it for us ;)
- If the dishwasher will not be done for a long time, rinse the used stuff and leave it neatly in the sink for the following day.
- If there is any garbage or recycling, then please put it away neatly or empty it if container full.
- It's a good idea to open the windows for 5-10 minutes to freshen the air.
- Make sure to put cushions and chairs back where they belong, and any furniture back to it's original position if you decide to move it.
- Blow out all the candles and turn off all the lights.
- - The lights in big room are switched off with the light switch next to the ivy plant (NOT individually)
- DO NOT turn off the heaters (unless it is summer). All Radiators need to be set to the same level (if it’s freezing outside, leave all of them on 5).
- Once the event is finished, fill out the 'Event Income Form' and place it under the think.dk office door. Please transfer within 48 hours the share of the event income due to think.dk to the mobile pay number or account number provided on the form.
- When you are leaving, make sure to lock the main entrance (if the key is hard to turn lift up the door a bit at the handle before turning the key) and then put the key into the 'key box' outside the door, using the code.