This is a guideline for anyone needing to put events or descriptions onto the website.
This first section is for the people currently responsible for the Event Group
1. Login to your account on think.dk (top right corner of the screen)
2. Once logged in press on ‘janitor’ in the top right corner
3. Then scroll to the left and a menu will pop-up. You then go to the ‘CONTENT’ menu and in that menu click on ‘EVENTS (EVENT ADMIN)’
4. Then on the top left, click on the green button called ‘New event’
- You then put in the 'Title of the Event’
- In the new screen, on the bottom you then put in the date and time of the event
- Then add the host in the ‘Event Owner’ field and the two backers in the ‘Backers’ field
- If there are multiple events (event series) you go to the right corner and press ‘duplicate’ twice (to confirm) and then once you are in the duplicated event you erase ‘duplicate’ in the title and put in the next date of the event.
- You then notify the Event Host and Backers through e-mail that the event is now ready to have the content filled in. There is a guideline to show them how to do this under Bulletin>Guidelines on the website.
The following section is for the Event Hosts and Backers
1. Login to your think.dk account (login is in the top right hand corner)
2. Once logged in press on ‘account/janitor’ in the top right corner
3. Then scroll to the left and a menu will pop up. You then go to the ‘CONTENT’ menu and in that menu click on ‘EVENTS (EVENT OWNER)’
4. Once you have opened the link then you first put in the short description into the ‘Short description’ box. Keep in mind that this should be short and is what people see when they scroll over the event on the ‘think.dk calendar’.
Here are the different options when creating content:
- When you click on the ‘P’ (for paragraph) in the grey box to the left of the area where you can put in content you have the option of picking ‘H2’, ‘H3’, ‘H4’ these are Heading options, ‘H2 being the biggest and ‘H4’ being the smallest.
- For each section we advise you to use ‘H3’ and then ‘H4’ for sub-sections
- When you press the ‘+’ sign you have the following options:
- a. choosing ‘P’, ‘H2’, ‘H3’, ‘H4’
- b. ‘List (ul, ol)’ which stands for ‘unordered list’ or ‘ordered list’.
When pressing on this it will automatically go to ‘unordered list’, to change this simple press on the ‘UL’ and below ‘OL’ will pop up and you can press on this for an ordered list
- c. ‘Media’ with the option of putting in a ‘jpg’ image or a ‘png’ image
- d. ‘Downloadable file’ where you then have the option to put in a file
- When you scroll over the ‘+’ sign you are able to move the sections by pressing on the arrows that point up and down
- If you would like to have a part of the text lead to a link, or have the text italic or bold, you then highlight the text you would like changed and an option will come to the side and you can click either 'link', 'itallic' or 'bold' .
- a. If you are adding a link then put the link in the box that appears where is says ‘url’ and check the box ‘open in new window?’ (unless it is a link to another think.dk page then you do not need to check this box)
5. Now that you are familiar with these options, you can now start filling in the content. You need to do this one paragraph at a time. In the following format:
- Have a little intro to what the event is about in the first paragraph (if there is a theme for the event, this is also a good place to fill in the theme)
- Make a ‘H3’ Headline and put in ‘The Event’
- Underneath this then fill in the long description of the event (if you have subsections or lists needed in this section, then follow the directions above
- The next section is ‘The Host(s)’ so again you make a headline for this using the H3 option. Then fill in the description of (you) the host. We feel this is best done in third person ;)
- The next section is ‘Registration and Details’ is heading ‘H3’, here you can put in any information regarding registration if necessary, and then underneath put in the price in italics.
- a. Here is an example: Price: 100,- DKK, 50% discount for members
- Here is a link to an example of a past event to see the order of the sections to make it a bit easier to understand: Talk for Transformation
6. Once you have filled in the content you can go below and use the tags by pressing the ‘+’ button to fill in the category(ies) your event fits under. For example for a Health event you click on CAT:Health etc.
7. Ignore the ‘Price’ section, this section is still not ready to use.
8. The last thing you need to make sure that you do is to put in the pic for your event. You do this by scrolling to the top and clicking on the ‘Single Media’ section. Then a box will show up where it says ‘Add Media Here’, you can click on that section and then use then add the picture you are using for the event. Make sure to delete the file name of the photo that appears underneath the picture, or replace it with a meaningful picture title.
9. The last thing that you do when finished an event description and backers have reviewed it, is press on the button on the upper right hand corner where is says ‘OFF’ so that it says ‘ON’ and then your event is online!
10. Now you’ve done everything, congratulations! We hope you enjoy your event(s), YAY!
Other Event Promotion
It is also your responsibility to make a facebook event for your events at think.dk. When doing this you add think.dk as a co-host. (If you have any problems with this or are not on facebook then please write to email@example.com and we will do this for you ;)
You are also very welcome to advertise on other social media platforms, such as Meetup, Evensi, Alleventsin etc. If you are planning on using Meetup, let us know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add you to our Meetup group as an admin once you've signed up so that you can promote your event.
When promoting events on other platforms we require you to add a think.dk badge to the poster/flyer or picture used for the event. You can find the think.dk badge and directions on how to add it here.