OpenSpace Beta Certification Workshop - Day 1
- May 23, 2019 - 10:00
- May 23, 2019 - 17:00
- Do you want your organization to be agile and self-organizing? / Do you help organizations with agility and self-organizational transformation?
- Do you want to invite a whole large organization to co-create change at scale, instead of imposing change?
- Do you want to engage people by offering options, as well as a sense of control and a feeling of belonging, which are sources of basic human happiness?
- Do you want to transform your organization in just 90 days, without an army of consultants?
OpenSpace Beta is an all-hands, high-engagement approach to organizational transformation that is suitable for any kind of company – regardless of size, age, country/culture, legal form and industry! OpenSpace Beta is the practical guide to making the Beta organization happen – in just a couple of months.
"The state of self-organization can only be reached through a path that is truly self-organizing." – Jens Rinnelt (from the HumanBusiness review of the OpenSpace Beta handbook)
Format: 2 Day Workshop
Day 1: 10.00 - 17:00 May 23rd
Day 2: 10:00 - 17:00 May 24th
The Workshop Character:
This workshop is based on iterative-discursive didactics – in alignment with the content.
The didactics consist of three elements:
- Lean input of content
- Deepening in small groups or constellations
- Discourse about insights, and deepening dialog. (During our qualifications, we do not use PowerPoint, nor lecturing.)
Your host - Niels Pflaeging, Red42
About the workshop content:
- Focus Day 1: “Beta and the BetaCodex” – what is the content, what are the principles, what is the context?
- Focus Day 2. “OpenSpace Beta” – deepening reflection of method, structure, and required elements
This event is for company executives, directors, managers, team leaders, and the consultants and coaches who serve them.
Reading the OpenSpace Beta handbook prior to the workshop is indispensable! (Read the HumanBusiness review of OpenSpace Beta handbook)
This is not an OpenSpace qualification! We expect you to have at least first experiences with applying OpenSpace; qualifications for OpenSpace should be taken prior to this course.
We recommend the online qualification with Daniel Mezick.
We will provide a list of important reading materials for you ahead of the course, that you should make use of to prepare in advance.
For this event to take place, there needs to be a minimum of 8 participants. Therefore we ask for you to sign up as soon as possible, to ensure that the event will take place. Registration details are below.
Your host of the OpenSpace Beta certification workshop will be Niels Pflaeging, co-author of the OpenSpace Beta handbook, Management exorcist, globally acclaimed business philosopher, and organizational development advisor. With thought-provoking alternatives for leading and organizing in complexity, the founder of the BetaCodex network provides the ground for a human-centric future of work.
"Boldly, Pflaeging dissects classic management theory and in a well-humored manner, offers coherent alternatives." - Harvard Business Review
"When Pflaeging shakes the dogmas of management, they crumble in his hands." - Financial Times Germany
"Niels Pflaeging is Germany´s sharpest management critic." -CompetenceSite
Registration and Details
Certification: Certification is granted through course participation – participants receive a participation certificate after the workshop and are allowed to carry the title OpenSpace Beta Practitioner.
Participation fee: EUR 1.200,00, plus VAT. (EUR 200,00 discount for think.dk members write firstname.lastname@example.org for member discount code) Included in the fee are lunches, snacks and coffee/tea for both days, as well as a refreshing drink upon completion of the certification. You will also receive 1 copy of the OpenSpace Beta handbook, and 1 OpenSpace Beta timeline poster, as well as an invoice upon registration.
Please register now as the minimum amount of participants is 8 for this event to take place. There will also be a max of 12 participants, to ensure personal learning – first come, first serve.
- Æbeløgade 4
- 2100 København