Ancient Tantra Kriya Yoga
- Event status
- February 6, 2019 - 19:00
- February 6, 2019 - 20:30
'It's your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you' – Rumi
Tantra Kriya Yoga is a powerful but still quite unknown tool to move stale energies (be it thoughts, emotions or more subtle energies) and remove blockages which can be lingering in the body. The classes are open for everyone and do not require any previous experience with Yoga or any of the other techniques – you only have to be open, curious and ready to potential new experiencing.
Tantra Kriya Yoga is older than 5000 BC and said to have had the most influence on the birth and growth of yoga and other mystical practices. Similar techniques are now being used in the Western world because of its effectiveness on both the physical and psychological level.
TKY utilizes five main tools to remove blockages:
- Yoga in a dynamic collaborative form, - couples, trios or circles - to heighten the energy and mirror each other making it a therapeutic intervention as well. This is not your usual yoga lesson! Sacred locks will be used throughout the class, shown to be beneficial for both men and women.
- Meditation techniques, for example pranic meditation, focusing on the life force there is in every breath. The techniques will calm the mind and bring awareness to the present moment.
- Ritualism by using sacred acts from ancient times to heighten awareness and making it a sacred space.
- Breathwork by using powerful and rare pranayamic techniques, for example Conscious Breath, Chakra Based Breathing, Clavicular Breathing.
- Sacred Sexuality: there will not be any sexual content in the sessions. The tools provided can help you to transform sexual energies from earthly pleasures and their often conflicting consequences into heightened awareness and blissful states
The sessions will be presented in a safe and open environment that takes into account the differences among the people present. It is important that you inform the instructor about any relevant mental or physical illnesses you might have. You are responsible for your own health and are always welcome to take a break if needed.
About the host:
Mikkel is co-creator and educated as ATKY facilitator by Anand Rudra. He is practicing different forms of yoga (especially hatha) and has attended workshops in massage therapies, breathwork, tantra, de-armoring, sharing circles and participated in many silent retreats with meditation and satsang.
During daytimes, Mikkel works as a Medical Doctor in the field of Clinical Sexology with a focus on different evidence-based psychotherapies. He is also a research facilitator and works with the body-mind connection, mindfulness, breathwork, sensate focus and pelvic floor exercises among others.
He has a strong interest in the depth and intricacies of human experience, believing that each of us has the potential for deeper connections with our Self and others. You are welcome to contact Mikkel if you have any questions. Also, check out the facebook page!
Details and Registration
Door closes at 19 – please don’t be late!
Come with an empty stomach and wear comfortable clothing.
This is a recurring event the first and third Wednesday of each month.
You can drop in to all classes, no pre-registration required. If you want to make sure and secure a spot, you can mobilepay to 24640417.
The 2 sessions in February are free introduction classes for all!
Price: 50,- DKK, free for members.
- think.dk - old
- Æbeløgade 4
- 2100 København